Image Map

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Oodles of Zoodles!

Squash is available all year round! These came from our
Peachtree City Farmers Market. The 
For you carb watchers this gift from my son has been a great tool. It's something I wouldn't have bought for myself.  I didn't realize how easy it is to use.
Attach the vegetable. Give it a spin. In seconds you have oodles of zoodles!
The only thing easier is to get someone to do it for you.
Handsome son  made zoodles to cover with homemade marinara sauce
 made by his equally handsome spouse.
 
I used a smaller blade to create "angel hair" pasta. I sauteed zucchini, onion, garlic,
and shrimp in a little butter before adding salt and pepper. So Yummy!
Even my sweetheart asked for seconds.
I couldn't leave it there. I took it to the dark side with curly fries. When the kids were small I peeled and cut up dozens of potatoes for french fries. This was so much easier. 
The fried potatoes didn't last long enough for a picture. 
I've used it to make a delicious slaw using zucchini and carrots
rather than cabbage. It's easier on my digestive tract. Everyone thanks me for that!
 
I'm going to make Chicken Marsala tonight with angel hair yellow squash "pasta". I'll let you know how it goes!

1 comment:

  1. Paderno World Cuisine A4982799 Tri-Blade Vegetable Spiral Slicer.
    by Paderno World Cuisine

    Is this the one you have? That looks like something I'd like to have!

    ReplyDelete

Print This