Image Map

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

#Shiplap, Fairies and Gnomes!


Grandson was enchanted by the
fairy house in his great-great-
great grandmother's enamel pan.
I had a wonderful birthday this year.
I planned it to include
Magnolia Market in Waco, Texas. 

My youngest daughter accompanied on the trip
from Austin where my dearest friend met us. 

 It was magical. We started at the Magnolia Bakery
with a selection of cupcakes so yummy no pictures
 were taken. They had to get in our bellies!

My dearest friend bought me this fabulous t-shirt.
People stop me in the grocery store to ask where I got it.
Yes, they are jealous!

Dax offered great customer service
and a hearty "Happy Birthday!"
The fairy houses in the garden section of Magnolia Market
inspired me to create one of my own. My intent was to
preserve an enamel pan which belonged to my great- grand-
mother. Many a bean has been snapped and black-eyed pea
shelled in this pan. It's full of memories for me and
I wanted to create some new memories for my grandchildren.
I added some succulents I brought from our old home in Texas,
pine seedlings, rocks and moss to create a magical garden.
The kids love it!
I decided if I had a fairy house, I needed a Gnome house too! I stink at growing strawberries. I do better with plants that thrive on a rigorous routine of neglect. Thus, I had a lonely, empty strawberry pot.
I bought my starter items at Hobby Lobby.

Added low maintenance plants.

To create a whimsical accessory to my almost
empty flower bed!
I love it as much as the children do.

Tip: Choose items that kids can play with and move around.
Kids will entertain themselves for minutes. Hey, they have
short attention spans. What did you expect?
Hours?
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print This