Image Map

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

BE A LIGHTHOUSE


As I reflected last week, I sometimes wake up and rehearse what I haven't accomplished and what I'm not. I'm not famous for anything. I was average in school, an average paralegal, an average mom, an average wife. I asked God to show me what I am in His eyes.

"You are a lighthouse of my love," He spoke to my heart.

I am? I never thought about it like that. My job is not to stand on a stage in the spotlight or run around with a flashlight shining light in dark corners. I am to stand and be a portal for His love light. Light on the Fed Ex driver who blocks in my car. Light on the checker who doesn't help me manage a huge box in and out of my cart.  Light on the driver who cuts me off in traffic. Light on the three-year-old throwing a temper tantrum.

With an extra measure of His grace, I can do that.

"The Light shines in the darkness, yet the darkness did not overcome it." John 1:5HCSB

"In the same way, let your light shine before men, so that they may see your good works and give gory to your Father in heaven." Matthew 5:16 HCSB

Practically what does that look like? Mother Teresa said it like this.


"LET NO ONE EVER COME TO YOU
WITHOUT LEAVING BETTER AND HAPPIER.
BE THE LIVING EXPRESSION OF GOD'S KINDNESS.
 KINDNESS IN YOUR FACE.
 KINDNESS IN YOUR EYES. 
KINDNESS IN YOUR SMILE." 

Go forth and shine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print This