Image Map

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Encourage My Heart

Three of my six grandchildren
I am so sad. This move has been hard. My new community is beautiful and the people are friendly, but  I miss my friends. I miss my children and grandchildren. When I wake up in the morning I measure my value by what I have not accomplished. I haven't hung family pictures upstairs. I haven't thrown away containers which arrived with no lids. I haven't given the dogs their medicine. I haven't....  Instead of creating a productive "To Do" list, I rehearse my failings.

I'm overwhelmed. I don't want to get up. I pray, "Lord encourage my heart.  I've done everything I know how to do. I've slept, taken my medicine and exercised, but I don't feel better."

The dogs force me to get up and take care of their physical needs. I pad to the kitchen and turn on the coffee pot. A hummingbird flies outside the kitchen window to sip nectar from a purple flower.
I can't help but smile at the unexpected gift. Thank you, Lord.

Coffee in hand I let the dogs in and settle myself in my chair for some quiet time. My old dog, Bella contemplates me. She can no longer jump into my lap, so I pick her up and settle her beside me. Molly, my young chihuahua, jumps up to settle in on the other side. Abby, the cocker spaniel usually lays down beside my chair, instead she jumped into my lap and sniffed my face as if to ask,  "Are you okay?' I can't help but laugh. Yes. Yes, I'm going to be okay. The Lord has encouraged my heart in unexpected ways. He has sent fur angels to sit with me and love me unconditionally.He hears my prayer.
Bella, age 14

Molly, age 2

Abby claims my lap.

These are the verses in my devotional.
  • Psalms 55:17 "I complain and groan morning, noon, and night, and He hears my voice."
  • Psalms 32: 7 "You are my hiding place; You protect me from trouble."
  • Psalms 62: 8 "Trust in Him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts before Him. God is our refuge."
for He is the God Who Sees me. (Genesis 16:13).

If you battle depression as I do call to Him. He sees you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print This