Image Map

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Burp Cloths for Baby!


It must have been a cold winter cause we are seeing a bumper crop of babies this fall. With new babies comes baby showers. I like to make handmade blankets, silkies, and pillowcases for our precious additions. I created this basket for my beautiful friend, Amy. Her baby girl will be born this Friday. She opted to have a shower after the baby is born, so along with the handmade items I put together a few necessities: diapers, towels, washcloths, wipes, shampoo, baby wash, and lotion. As you can tell I found a few other surprises to go in my basket. After I delivered my basket of goodies, I realized I forgot to make burp cloths! This is an easy project you can make in 20 to 30 minutes. 
Buy cloth diapers

Iron flat.
Measure length of diaper

and width. Cut decorative fabric one
inch longer 
and one inch wider than
diaper.
 Mine was 5 x 20 inches.

Press under 1/2 inch on each side. If you don't sew use
fuseable tape 
to iron the fabric onto the diaper,

Or turn the fabric over and pin it to the diaper,


And use a decorative or zig-zag stitch.
on all four sides. You are finished!
Instead of fabric, I sometimes buy a 99 cent bandana to apply to the diaper. 
I can get three burp cloths
from one bandana.
For this little boy, I put the necessities
in a basket for momma to carry from
room to room as she needs to change him. 

As you can see, not everything fit
into the basket. I love babies and
sometimes I get carried away!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print This