Image Map

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

FRENCH SILK CHOCOLATE PIE

Absolutely the easiest chocolate pie I have ever made. It only requires a baked pastry shell and four ingredients. It's also one of the richest chocolate pies EVER! One 8 inch pie will serve 8 to 10 people. If you have any leftover, it freezes well. 

FRENCH SILK CHOCOLATE PIE

8-inch Baked Pastry Shell

3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
6 Tablespoons powdered cocoa
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
In small mixing bowl, combine sugar, butter, chocolate and vanilla. Blend well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating at medium speed for 3 to 5 minutes after each. Pour into baked pastry shell. Chill at least 2 hours. Serve with whipped cream and nuts if desired. 

That's it! People will think you slaved in the kitchen on this one! Here are the pictures for my friend, Margie. 
Assemble your ingredients

I used a refrigerated pie crust. Roll it out just enough to fit your pie
pan. Roll it onto your rolling pin for easy transfer to the pie plate.

Crimp the edges by pinching between your thumb and forefinger.
NOTE: I've been known to put a Mrs. Smith's pie in my pie plate,
recrimp the edges, bake, and serve! I never said I made it from
scratch. I simply said I "baked" it! Feel free to use my little cheat!

Use a fork to prick the crust.

Bake at 450 until golden brown (11-13 minutes)
Cool while you make the filling.

In small mixing bowl, combine sugar, butter, chocolate
and vanilla. Blend well.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating at medium speed
for 3 to 5 minutes after each.

Pour into baked pastry shell. Chill at least 2 hours. 

Soften dark chocolate bar. Use vegetable peeler to make curls for garnish.

Serve with whipped cream and nuts if desired.
I skipped the nuts this time and used chocolate
curls. You can make your own whipped cream
or RediWhip. Either way it is delicious!


My dinner guests raved over the depth of chocolate flavor. There were two slices leftover. I ran them up the street to a sick neighbor. She's all well now. I'm not sure it was the pie, but it could have been. I'm just saying!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print This