Image Map

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Dream Laundry Room!

Pinterest supplied me with my dream laundry room. A sink, plenty of space, cabinets for storage and counter tops for sewing and crafts. When we moved this is what I had in mind for my laundry room.

This is what I got. Three cabinets above the washer and dryer enclosed behind folding doors. No sink, no counter top, no place for sewing or crafts. A laundry closet!

I was not a happy camper. As I was studying Jonah I realized I needed to change my perspective. I decided to focus on what I have instead of what I don't have. I have hot water, detergent, the ability to pay my electric bill, and so many clothes. I chose to see it as an invitation to create a more efficient space.

Once I changed my perspective, my attitude improved. I determined the cabinets were sufficient to hold the necessary laundry supplies. The tops of the washer and dryer could serve as my counter to fold clothes. The only thing I really needed was a rod to hang the clothes on to dry. There wasn't enough room for a rod between the cabinets and the door. The hall was too small to accommodate a standing clothes dryer. For the first few weeks I made do by putting hangers on the door knobs. It forced me to put the clothes in the closet as soon as they were dry instead of using the laundry room as a second closet. 

And then it occurred to me as I was looking at the clearance shelves in Kirkland's....


This $12 thingie hung on the opposite wall was perfect for my needs! When not in use as a laundry tool, it was decorative and unobtrusive! i was so excited. An efficient, attractive solution. I have everything I need and the clothes are always put away! 

I changed my perspective and I am more than satisfied with what I have!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Print This