Image Map

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Ten Hostess Gifts for $10!!

My sweet daughter is increasing Gigi's fold of grandbabies to six in January. She asked me to write this post because she needs three hostess' gifts for her baby shower. I went to some of my favorite stores and came up with this list of gifts under $10. Tuesday Morning, Ross, T.J. Maxx, Home Goods and Burke's carry plenty of items in this price range. They can just as easily be used as stocking stuffers or as gifts to exchange at the office.

Knowing your host/hostess is the surefire way to chose an appropriate gift. Pay attention when you are with them. If they never wear perfume, don't give them a scented lotion or candle. They may have a sensitivity (no pun intended) to odors. If they don't drink, don't give them wine.
  1. STATIONARY-- In this world of instant communication (texting), note cards are rarely used. I love to buy notepad sets which have a small pen included for myself. The pen ends up in my purse for "just-in-case"! 

2. BEVERAGES--Coffee or Tea Cup -- You can include their favorite tea or coffee. Or get a gift card and refillable cup from their favorite coffeehouse.

Sparkly?

Or Funny? I would use either one!
How cute is this! I just pinned it on Pinterest!
3. GOURMET FOODS  -- Most of us have more "stuff" than we need. If we can't eat it or drink it, we don't need it! 

 
Specialty salts and spices!




These sassy containers are begging for dip, nuts,
candy or cookies, When they are gone your
hostess still has a container for leftovers or lunch!

Buy or make a cheese ball. Wrap it up with
a cute spreader. Perfect!

4. PET TREATS--Do they love their fur babies? Check out their Facebook page. If they've share more pictures of their pets than their spouse, this is the way to go! (Tip: Keep a lint roller in the car when you visit.)

Obsessed with this pillow! My dogs would be all over it!
I'm giving this to a (currently) close friend.
Let's just say her cat is less than friendly. The status
of our friendship may change based on the above.

We all love a cute sweater on these cold days!
5. PICTURE FRAME-- Do  you have a picture of a special time shared with your hostess? Print and pop it in. If they aren't that crazy about you, they can always change it!


6. BAKED GOODS--This year my neighbors are getting a loaf of my Honey Wheat Bread and a pint of yummy Pecan Honey! My recipe makes four loaves of bread in two hours--start to finish. I picked up the honey from Gilbert Pecan Company. You could buy your favorite jam or just give them the bread. I promise their low-carb diet will go out the window until the bread is consumed!
7. CANDY-- My father-in-law always kept a candy dish of Tootsie Rolls next to his recliner. My children headed straight for Grandpa/the candy dish when they arrived.They loved it and so did he! The dish and the tradition has been passed down to the next generation.


8. FLOWERS-- How can you go wrong with this standard? I took a Thanksgiving bowl to our local Kroger. Sherry made up this gorgeous arrangement for my dinner table. Shout-out to Kroger, the largest floral company in the world. They have helped me with many weddings, bridal showers and other events. Always reasonable! Always helpful! Thank you, Sherry and Mary!
This particular arrangement was over $10, but your can buy
prearranged bouquets and put them in your own vases.
9. HOSTESS PLATE SET -- I've given so many of these little sets of plates that I've forgotten to whom I've given them. I use them every day for breakfast, lunch and snacks. Yes, they are glass, but my grandchildren use them too. It makes them feel special and I love to make them feel special. 

10. DEVOTIONAL OR INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE -- This brings us to my VERY FAVORITE gift. I buy ten at a time and have given them to all my friends. The words of this little 10-minute devotional changed my life. Who doesn't have 10 minutes to change their life? Leave it in the bathroom, I know you take your cell phone in there to check Facebook, read this first!! If you don't have one, it's because you saw me coming!

BECAUSE---
Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights... ~ James 1:17

A little extra--
This season affords a huge selection of holiday gifts.
Each of these items are under $10.
Small tabletop games.
A great tin to leave by the door to collect what usually
 goes on the floor!

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE APRONS!!!
Go forth and shop! Blessed are the givers of blessings!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print This