Image Map

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Candy Bouquets


It's wedding season and I'm having a blast. The last two months have been busy preparing for the wedding of the oldest daughter in a family of nine children. This family takes care of my parents on a daily basis. Catering the reception is the least I can do in return. But mostly it's because I love to plan parties!
Budgetary constraints force me to be creative in my decorations. I'll share more after the wedding. My grandchild who must have something diary-free on the dessert buffet inspired this one. Buckets of candy!

A bag of suckers, a pail for the dollar bin at Target and floral
 foam from your craft store is all you need.

Trim foam to fit snuggly in the top of the bucket.
 Make sure the foam is snug enough that it rests at the top of the bucket.Looks like a green snowcone!


Insert first sucker in the center of foam and begin encircling
it with the next row. This could also be done with flowers.

 It was so much fun I made six of them. I didn't get a picture of the last one I did. All the suckers were butterflies! In retrospect I could have put bits of tulle on picks where filler was needed, but time was a constraint as well.

I plan to use the buckets again for a granddaughter's birthday party! How about using school colors for a graduation party or red, white and blue for 4th of July? The possibilities are endless....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print This