Image Map

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Old Folks are Worth a Fortune

My parents, Randall & Priscella Thetford,
 in their 80's and still working the farm! 

My mom gave me a tattered, yellowed newspaper clipping and asked me to type it up for her Sunday School class. It hits a little close to home today, so I thought I would share it with you.









Old folks are worth a fortune,
with silver in their hair,
gold in their teeth,
stones in their kidneys,
lead in their feet and
gas in their stomachs.
I have become a lot more social
with the passing of the years,
some might even call me a frivolous old gal.
I’m seeing five gentlemen every day!
As soon as I wake, Will Power
helps me get out of bed.
Then I go see John.
Then Charley Horse comes along,
and when he is here he takes a lot
of my time and attention!
When he leaves, Arthur Ritis shows
up and stays the rest of the day.
He doesn’t like to stay in one place very long,
so he takes me from joint to joint!
After such a busy day,
I’m really tired and glad to go to bed,
with Ben Gay!
P.S. The preacher came to call the other day.
He said that at my age I should be
thinking about the hear-after.
I told him I do, all the time.
No matter where I am,
in the kitchen or down in the basement,
I ask myself, “Now what am I here after?”
 Author unknown.

 My joints do ache and the older I get the more I realize just how many parts of this old body can break down. Maybe that's why I love this verse:
You're all I want in heaven! You're all I want on earth! When my skin sags and my bones get brittle, GOD is rock-firm and faithful." Psalm 73:25 The Message
Hope you have a lovely Easter Celebration this weekend.

3 comments:

  1. What a GREAT Verse Sister! Thanks for sharing the pearls from your Mom. Goodness, you don't fall far from that tree do you? Or you might but we try to protect you the best we can...tee hee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truly, if there was a tree out of which to fall, I would be plummeting to the ground! Thanks for being there to catch me.

      Delete
  2. This is great! I'd love to pass this along to our CareGiver's group if it's ok with you.
    Have a Blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete

Print This