Image Map

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Hold Me By My Right Hand

I was reading Psalms 73:23 during my quiet time this morning. It says:
"Yet I am always with You;
You hold me by my right hand."
I have read that verse many times. I picture a mother holding her child's hand, guiding and protecting her as they cross the street. It is a reassuring picture.

Something new struck me as I meditated on the verse.Why does it specifically say the RIGHT hand? I'm right-handed. I wouldn't be able to do anything effectively. A different picture occurred to me. The picture of a mother holding the baby in her lap to feed her.

I've done this many times. I sit the baby on my lap facing the table. I tuck one of the baby's hands behind my back and firmly grasp the other in my hand so she can't grab the spoon and make a mess.

Does He hold me by my right hand so I have to rely on Him? Yes, I think so. As long as my right hand is in His I can't make a mess of things.

Hold me tight, dear Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print This