Image Map

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Oatmeal Toffee Cookies

Oatmeal Toffee Cookies are my husband's absolute favorite cookie. Made with oatmeal, coconut and Heath English Toffee Bits, they are healthy enough for breakfast, right? Okay, okay, I know they aren't, but I believe wonderful things should be enjoyed in moderation. This is the only cookie I make ahead of time and freeze. Perfect for unexpected guests.Once it has thawed, you can't tell it's been frozen. All other cookies I freeze the dough and bake them fresh. One way or the other, none of my cookies have a chance to get freezer burn.

Oatmeal Toffee Cookies

Combine:
1 cup softened butter
2 cups brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons Vanilla
Blend together:
1 ¾ cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. salt
Add to butter mixture and mix in:
3 cups quick-cooking oats
1 10 oz. pkg. Toffee bits
1 cup coconut
Heat oven to 375⁰ Lightly grease cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes. Cool one minute. (Any longer than that, they will stick to the cookie sheet. In fact, I spray my spatula with non-stick baking spray to keep the toffee from sticking.) Makes about 4 dozen.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Print This