Image Map

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

My Piece of the Puzzle

As a PK (preacher's kid) and MK (missionary kid), I grew up feeling the need to impact the world for Christ in an extraordinary way. Two weeks after my eighteenth birthday, I married our youth/music director.  We were going to serve the Lord together. What a great plan!
Nine years later I found myself the divorced mother of an 18-month-old baby girl.
I have not made an impact on the world for Christ as I envisioned. I'm not in full-time ministry. I don't sing on the praise team. I don't teach a Sunday School class.
The poor choices I've made could have cost my life, but nothing has been wasted. I won't bore you with my whole story. I do hope to share bits and pieces as they reflect God's grace and mercy. I have been cut and shaped into a puzzle piece which when placed next to others forms the face of Christ. My piece of the puzzle is to be: a wife; a mother; a stepmother; a mother-in-law; and now blissfully, a grandmother in a way that is uniquely me. What's your piece?

3 comments:

  1. Love out Lace! A Paul Harvey would have said (and I know you're the right age to know him), can't wait for....the rest of the story. I will continue to pray about your calling and impact.
    Love you Sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was such a pleasure to meet you today at Ross. I came back to our office and told my husband what a delightful lady I met who was kind enough to loan me part of her buggy while waiting in a long line. God places special people in our paths, and He placed you in mine today. I hope you will stay in touch with me and let me know when your bible study will start in June. I would love to be a part of it. Thank you again for your kindness today, Laurey Bundrick West

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks' Laurey. It was a happy pleasure to meet you. Registration is open at Lakepointe.org for A Perfect Mess. Class begins on June 20th. Hope to see you there. Lace of Grace

    ReplyDelete

Print This